Wednesday

Green onions: who knew?

A few weeks ago, I read in the clueless cook's handbook about something interesting you can do with green onions after you've chopped up the green parts: replant the bulbs and watch them grow! I've had trouble finding good green onions in the stores here.  If I can find them, they're often brown and wilted, so I jumped at the prospect of a continual harvest of green onions. I stuck the bulbs down in a pot, gave them a little water, and went to Osijek for the weekend with Kristian.  When we got back, here's what I had:


Pretty cool, huh? Three or four weeks later, they've grown into this:

I think tonight, it's time for a stir-fry!

2 comments:

  1. I've tried this before and it didn't work for me. How much of it did you plant? Any tips or tricks?

    ReplyDelete