Wednesday

Shopping in Croatia

I spent the day today in Zagreb shopping with my future sister-in-law.  In typical Croatian fashion, we didn't buy anything  :D  Well, I bought nail polish and cheap sunglasses.

But it was interesting to see the prices of products that I buy--or dream of buying--in the US.

Prada flats: $300 (same flats in the US: $600)
Lancome mascara: $70  (this is what I wear: I pay $22 for it at Dillards)

So, I draw two conclusions from this:

1) I can buy Prada shoes for the price of 4.27 tubes of Lancome mascara (According to today's exchange rate, those shoes might be purchased in the US by 27 tubes of Lancome mascara).

2) I need someone to start mailing me Lancome Definicils mascara in black.

1 comment:

  1. I have no dollars for the purchasing of Lancome, but I will send you a tube of Cover Girl in Blackest Black.

    :) :) :)

    I can't believe there are $300 shoes, much less $600 shoes.

    ReplyDelete